Function Diagnostic Reading Center Aalen
PerCent-A covers the following main topics:
- Consultation Service
To establish appropriate perimetric guidelines for all involved sites:
- Definition of appropriate perimetric procedures and quality control parameters.
- Development of criteria for detection and progression of scotoma.
- Development of a Visual Field Analysis Protocol as supplement to the study protocol.
- Certification Service
To promote a high level of competency among the visual field technicians responsible for the concerning trial:
- Setting up the protocol for visual field technician training and certification procedures.
- Teaching and certifying the visual field technicians of participating study sites via teaching sessions or (optionally) via remote instructions/protocols.
- Certification by tests.
- Data Processing Service
For Octopus 101, Octopus 900, Humphrey Field Analyzer (HFA II, at least software version A 10.2 or HFA IIi, at least software version C 3.2). Other devices on request.
- Data management
- Easy data transfer via internet to a central server.
- Status of visual field processing in the reading center can be checked by the client.
- Data quality control
- immediate check of each visual field upload
- immediate feedback to the concerning study sites
- preliminary quality control reports
- Date storage
- Secure data storage due to a GNU/Linux server
- SSL-secured access to the webserver is provided by a user friendly interface based on modern web technologies (Ruby on Rails, HTML5, jQuery, Sass). In the background a MySQL database is used.
- Data management
- Data Analysis
According to Visual Field Analysis Protocol for detection of scotoma occurrence and assessment of scotoma change:
- Glaucoma staging systems (e.g. HAP, Mills, Aulhorn)
- Detection and evaluation of pathology.
- Evaluation of conversion from normal to pathological / vice versa or unchanged status.
- Evaluation/confirmation of pathology.
- Progression analysis (pointwise linear regression [PLR], event criteria, perimetric indices in cooperation with the client).
According to the customer’s/sponsor’s order.